PantherX OS is a modern operating system based on GNU Guix, with LXQt as default desktop environment, and non-free software enabled out of the box.
PantherX is designed to enable everyone without a PHD in computer science to enjoy a fast, flexible and private work & entertainment platform that runs for years, with little intervention.
It's kind of like docker-compose, but for your whole system.
- No download or usage tracking
- Always up to date, with rolling updates
- No system breakage after major updates (1)
- Easy replication of your whole system, or individual user profiles
- No more random config files,
- Developer's dream, with virtual environments and 1st class docker support
- Optional enterprise support
(1) Never say always; If things go wrong, you can roll-back instantly to any previous system state.